Oblique is my take on the cantilever wine bottle holder. It is precision machined from 6061 Aluminum & holds the bottle horizontally such that the center of mass is roughly above the middle of the footprint of the holder. Thus, the bottle and holder are co-dependent on one another. The design is a result of the ‘balance’ between the CNC milling machine process considerations, efficient material use, shipping constraints, aesthetics, and cost. Oblique is designed in California, and manufactured in Minnesota.
How It’s Made Video:
- Weight: 11 oz. (Aluminum)
- Machine Used for Manufacture: Hurco VMX30 with 30″x30″x20″ Travels. 1377 IPM max feed, 12,000 max spindle RPM, and 24 station tool changer.
- Machine Fixturing: Vise/Softjaw with 2 setups.
- Materials: 6061-T6 Aluminum.
- Finish: All Aluminum products are Anodized per MIL-A-8625, your choice of Silver, Black, or Red.
The Oblique is available in the following colors: